15 August 2007

Letters, letters everywhere!

I've been packing up my life in Cypress so that I can move to Austin this weekend. Actually, the last few days I've been sorting through my life and trying to decide whether objects are moving, staying, or saying goodbye. I've got a good deal of junk that belongs to me. Thankfully, I have been able to detach myself from loads of things so that it's either staying at home in storage, or going straight to the bin. Today I found an old wooden wine box that had gobs and gobs of letters in it. The majority of these were from Michaela. I had a few good ones from RJ, and the best letter of all says:

"Emily
Even if we did go out and broke up I would still be your friend because you are really sweet. Please go back out with me.
Love,
Lance Moore"

I remember getting this letter. I went out with this kid for ONE (1) day in the seventh grade. We started going out at school on a Friday, and then we went to a Halloween party that night and he made me sit on his lap. At that point I was sufficiently creeped out and told him I was sorry but I didn't think it was going to work. And then Monday morning I got this letter. Two months later he moved to Australia. The best part about this letter is that it starts out in a girl's handwriting like someone started writing it for him because he didn't know what to say, and then it switches to his writing. I feel more sorry now for hurting his feelings than I probably did back then.

I also found a large stash of birthday cards and other hoopla. It's hard to decide if I want to keep these things or just toss them. I sorted out all the ones from people I actually remember and that narrowed it down to half. Maybe one day I'll want to remember these things. I still have a lot of packing to go. I still need to write about my little project, and I found some journal entries and poetry that I want to post that I think are interesting.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

ahh, that's so funny! No letters from me? Hmm...

RSS Subscribe