25 October 2009

A little Sunday Afternoon Project

Last Friday as I was walking home from the bus stop (it was the most beautifully perfect day ever and I could not have imagined driving to the bus stop on a day such as Friday was!) I saw a sign for an estate sale and a garage sale. I, of course, knowing my roommate called her right away and told her about it. After I dropped my stuff off at the house we walked back up the street to the estate sale. I have to tell you, I think I have a new hobby. I love estate sales! They are so much cooler than garage sales. And while I know that they happen because someone passes away, I try not to think about that aspect of it and consider it more direct second-hand shopping. I found this table in one of the many treasure filled-rooms:



This afternoon instead of working out I decided to go to Lowe's and buy some paint and supplies. I found this really great color called Woodlawn Valley Haze by Valspar. I was torn between two colors, but this one is one of the National Trust for Historic Preservation colors, and since I'm a sucker for history and this table is super old...well, you can imagine how I ended up with Woodlawn. It took me about two hours to sand it and get two coats of paint plus touch-ups done, but now it looks like this:



I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I just love it! I feel like I'm really bad at painting furniture...it always ends up looking bad.
I love estate sales too...my mother-in-law exposed me to them when I used to come to Midland to visit. I haven't been to one in a while because I started collecting junk I thought I would love. Some of the stuff I just bought is already in my give away pile!! haha!

RSS Subscribe