21 February 2009

So help me, if I cough one more time...

It is nearly 4 am and I have yet to sleep a dog-gone wink. I don't know what has settled in me, but I have not stopped coughing for the last, oh I don't know, 5 hours? At least? I know I got ready for bed early since I was feeling especially wimpy all afternoon. I read an entire book between coughing spells. Not a good one, but several hundred pages... I think I may have finally choked down the magic number of cough drops though because this last one is actually starting to work. PTL!

Home has been an interesting mix of fun and awkward. I'll leave it there...

I did get to see my favorite Andrew and my favorite Michaela this evening for coffee. Love them. It was nice to reconnect with old friends. Old as in "still current", but we go way back. Michaela, I write this like you don't read my blog. I know you do. I'm glad I got to hug your neck and spend some time with you! Maybe in my next entry I'll pimp your photography website...

I just used the word 'pimp.' It's beyond time for bed. Delirium is setting in and now we all know who will be sleeping most of tomorrow ::points:: It's me, friends. It's me.

4 comments:

Dominic said...

If it makes you feel better, it is now 4:27am, and I just finished sending out an email about the power outage we had to deal with some-30 minutes ago (It was ongoing for much longer, trust me).

Bonne nuit, mon ami.

Lauren said...

ooooh I'm so jealous! I wish I could have had coffee with all of you :(

I'm sorry you have a bad cough...that can be so aggravating. I miss you!

Emily said...

Dom, that doesn't make me feel better. Sorry you had to stay up and deal with that. In the future, can you put an 'e' on the end of ami? =)

Goose- I wish you had been there too! That would have been the best. I'll let you know hopefully in the next week if we'll be coming in March... Love you!

Michaela said...

Dang I hope you get some good sleep today/tonight.
I'm so happy I got to spend time with you!
And I like the word pimp

RSS Subscribe