10 June 2009

I title this one: Woe is me!

If you can't handle TMI, or close to TMI, don't read this one. I'm working on another post in my head so maybe just wait for that one.

I don't know what it is about that special time of the month, but it seems as though some of the worst things gravitate to those few days of intense mood swings and emotional/hormonal chaos. In addition to the awful physical goings on (and I win every contest of worst PMS symptoms), do I really need to be a basket case too? I mean - really? It just seems like the world is ending at least once a month. This week it was car issues, cramps, crying over stupid things, cramps, car issues and crying. Honestly. And I know that some of the things are stupid and not worth crying over, but I can't help it: the world is ending.

Last Thursday the van I've been driving overheated and started smoking. The radiator was completely dry when I checked and it wouldn't hold any water. I left town at 4 am Friday so I couldn't deal with it until I got home Sunday. Sunday when I got home it was too late to do anything.

Monday was the most frustrating day. I don't know what the issue was, but the mechanic I wanted to have the van towed to would not answer their phones (I called 6 times throughout the day) and they didn't return my voice mail for over 24 hours. Needless to say, they lost a potential customer who would have been paying a lot for car repairs. I still just don't understand why it was so difficult to find a mechanic and have the thing towed. In summary, I cried. I was so frustrated. But I did find a mechanic and it was towed and taken care of. After the frustration though, everyone has a recommendation for a mechanic now. hmph

Today I went and picked the van up (Thanks for the ride, Anna!) and the A/C doesn't work. I nearly cried on the way home. I have zero tolerance for heat - it just makes me sick. Add that to the cramps and the overall feeling of world termination... I stopped and bought some sorbet and some things for dinner. I know it will all be ok tomorrow or the next day, but seriously...sometimes (once a month) I wonder how much easier it must be to be a man.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to get hurt for this one: http://xkcd.com/594/

Emily said...

I LOL'd. Thanks

Lauren said...

I'm sorry Emily...ahh I hate that you had to deal with all of that.
I know sometimes it just feels like "sane" life is over and there's no way out. And then a few days later it's fine. I felt like that last weekend. Missing you...

RSS Subscribe