25 January 2010

Love this song

I heard this song on the way home from Tacos and Trash night (weekly viewing of the Bachelor. I call it the classiest trash tv out there. What? Stop judging me =]) I couldn't find a good video to embed, so you're going to have to look it up on youtube yourself. Dave Matthews "You & Me." I do love me some good Dave Matthews songs, though there are a lot of them I don't like too.

And since I know you've been dying to know, my hand is healing well. Slowly, but it's coming along. Today was the first day that it stayed closed all day. No blood or ooze! I consider it a triumph. The swelling has also gone down considerably in the last day or so too. I can almost touch my thumb to my pinkie again! Hurray! One ginormous leap forward for Emily, one completely insignificant, unnoticed step for mankind. But my thumb is still mostly numb; like Colt McCoy's arm, I just can't feel it. It's a strange sensation. My friend Anna, who is a nurse [don't freak out] is going to take the stitches out for me on Wednesday at bible study. That will be exciting, I'm already feeling squeamish!

Pray for me also. I'm waiting to hear back about a job. They could possibly let me know tomorrow, but it will most likely be Wednesday I think. I keep reminding myself that God is sovereign. His plans are on the eternal scale. He has a job saved for me already - no "Oh shoot! I forgot to watch out for a job for Emily!" moments. That would negate His sovereignty, yes? Sometimes it's just hard to rest in that knowledge when I can only sense the urgency for a job through my bank account. After rent and bills for February, I have $50 for groceries and any emergencies that may come up. [I just silently screamed in terror at that]. But it will be fine. I do believe that. If I have to move back to Houston, so be it. It's not ideal, but I like my family and I can live with them while I search for jobs in Houston and/or Austin. I have got to buy the new Windows 7 or something. My trial has finally run out and my computer shuts down every hour. Not so much fun if I'm paying attention. It does make me laugh because a message pops up saying "Aww, snap!" and that's all I can read before everything closes down and the screen goes black. Makes the annoyance a little less frustrating and a little more humorous.

Also you should listen to "Baby Blue" by DMB. It's a good one too.

2 comments:

Ryan Renfrow said...

Both those are great DMB songs. You & Me is about him and his wife and I think it's wonderful to see him grow the way he has. He's kinda falling into his age now and I love how it's showing in his songwriting. Most people would just go for what they know best but he continues to strive for a newness.

P.S. For some reason when I think of the "aw, snap" you're experiencing on your computer it makes me think that is what you would have designed a computer to do if it was going to just suddenly shut down.

Emily said...

I think you're right about DMB. There is a different level of maturity in the You & Me song. Maybe that's why I like it.

And "Aw, snap!" probably is something I would design a computer to say. Or something along those lines that takes away the frustration of having all of your work disappear without being saved. =[ It's fun.

RSS Subscribe