01 February 2010

Long time, nothing new

It's amazing to me the number of times I envision something so clearly that it obviously has to be something that comes true. The few times it hasn't happened I have been so disappointed. I did this with a job recently. I had a fantastic interview and felt like it was a home run, in the bag, a done deal. It's apparent to me that sometimes I see things I want so clearly that I infer that those are God's dreams for me too. So it's hard for me to say that I didn't get the job - a candidate with IT experience interviewed after me and because of that one factor, she got the job. I keep looking at other job postings and nothing stands out to me the same way. There was a level of autonomy that would have come with the job that I was really looking forward to. But I do still believe that God has a job for me. Whatever my disappointments. I think it will be better than the job I really wanted. Keeping an eternal perspective throughout this is paramount, I think. It's a time for growth.

And speaking of growth! My quilt collection will soon have a new addition. I started a quilt top on Saturday afternoon and I should be finished with it tomorrow. I'll post pictures soon-ish. I think I'm headed home this weekend to do a few things in Cypress. My mom has the day off on Friday...and it's not like I'm really doing anything. However, if, God willing, I have a job interview Thursday or Friday I will probably postpone the trip. I do miss my Bailey though, the little cuddle bug.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe